Welcome to Copa Shorts Film Fest
2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST
COPA SHORTS FILM FEST IS FEBRUARY 16-18th. A MUST-SEE Weekend!
If you love films, mark your calendar for a fabulous, fun weekend with Copa Shorts Film Fest at UltraStar.
Starting with a VIP party on Friday the 16th at 7:30 pm with award-winning Brian Hammill and his group Native Spirit, you’ll have a great time mingling with film industry people.
Saturday starts with 3 film workshops – all free! See our Workshops page for more info and how to register.
Saturday , the 17th at noon
- Start with a High and Low Tech fun film block comedy, drama, thriller, sci-fi, comedy, drama, documentary, animation and another animation.
- Then, get wowed by a Military Veteran film bloc at 2:00 PM (MILITARY VETS ONLY $3.00), THEN
- People and Challenges with an array of documentaries, supernatural drama, sci-fi, and ending with a Maricopa story
- Native American films – both Ak-Chin Student films and adult competition films – one in consideration for an Oscar.
- College films at 8:00 PM with truly memorable stories with “lots of humor and a lot of heart”
- And, a 10:00 PM After Hours films with adult themes and horror. (17-plus please)
Sunday, the 18th starting at 11:00 AM
- Start with some great comedy, a world class underwater documentary, more comedy, and dramas
- At 1:00 PM get ready for terrific High School and Middle School films from local students, around the country, and further.
- Try something new with the Screenplay Table reads acted out by local actors at 3:00 PM. Dramas, Sci-fi/horror, and a comedy spy thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- At 5:00 PM, “Best of the Fest” provides a full 2 hours of the best-rated films of the festival. You can also participate in voting for the Audience Choice Awards.
And, end your day with the Awards/Wrap party with food, award-winning Arvel Bird’s magical music, and awards at Elements Event Center.
But don’t forget to bid in our Silent Auction which includes great local artists’ work and a Disneyland and California Adventure Park one-day 4-Pack! See the items in the lobby and some on our website to consider.
Purchase your tickets now on our secure website or at the UltraStar box office to save YOUR seats for a really memorable weekend of great short films and screenplay table reads.
See “Tickets” http://copashortsfilmfest.org/2017/tickets/
and purchase your VIP passes, one-day passes, or individual film block on our secure website link.
Join us at 2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST – February 16-18, 2018. UltraStar Multi-tainment Center in Maricopa, Arizona for Copa Shorts Film Fest!
WE WANT YOU!
Fabulous February in Arizona – sh0rt sleeves and scenery – cactus and wild horses!
Please consider donating to our film festival!
GO TO “Donate to Copa Shorts Film Fest” via this PayPal link.
It takes the support of many people to make a film festival run. And, what do you get for that generosity?
An opportunity to do good –
- Maybe give a troubled youth a productive new path
- Provide an inspired filmmaker a chance to be recognized and launch a career
- Give a forum for a fledging screenwriter to have his/her work seen and heard
- Draw a community together
- An Excellent Event
And a tax deduction because we’re a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit where your contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the IRS laws.
Please be generous! We need donations to allow us to continue our year-round programming including workshops for community members and students.
Copa Shorts Film Fest, Inc. is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) organization.
Logo design by Taylor Lynn Slaughter
Website layout by Chris Califano