2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST
GET SET, READY – AND ENTER –
To win, you’ve got to enter!
Enter your short screenplay (up to 15 pages) or
Short film (2-20 minutes) – or both – for the 2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST!
We are accepting your creative efforts NOW.
Our very last day to accept films and screenplays is October 13th.
2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST happens on February 16-18, 2018.
SAVE THOSE DATES!
Enter as soon as you can for two reasons:
- Rates go up the longer you wait — and
- Since most people procrastinate, our judges will be less rushed and have more time to really savor your film or read your screenplay early on. (Note: Everyone gets several reads or views, so the outcome is not based on only one reviewer.)
Why do you want to enter 2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST with your short project?
- Because this is our second year and the likelihood that you could win is still high – until everyone else discovers us!
- Because you could potentially win and possibly even receive some financial award, software and recognition – and network to make deals!
- Because we have a fabulous, modern, cushy theater – UltraStar Multi-tainment Center – where – if your work is chosen to be shown – you can see your film in state-of-the-art digital. You may never see your name that big elsewhere!
- Because it is a fun event!
- Your talent will be showcased (Anyone whose film or screenplay is featured who attends will be part of a Q & A in that film block.) Plus you’ll be in our gorgeous printed and digital program. (Wow again!)
- You can network with other filmmakers and screenwriters
- We offer workshops on timely topics from experienced presenters who know their stuff
- We have fun parties with live music!
- And, a great new reason:
VETERANS WILL NOW HAVE A FEATURED FILM BLOCK at COPA SHORTS FILM FEST.
You must be a veteran who is writing or producing or directing your film, or create a film about veterans, or be both the veteran subject of the film and involved with production.
We’re honoring Veterans because we want to hear their stories and honor them for their service.
WHERE DO YOU ENTER?
(Our exclusive film submission platform!)
See more details, rules & regs, prizes details, and other info at Film Freeway.com
WE WANT YOU!
Come join us at ~ 2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST – February 16-18, 2018.
Fabulous February in Arizona – shirt sleeves and scenery – cactus and wild horses!
2018 COPA SHORTS FILM FEST recently presented the talent of many filmmakers and screenwriters on February 17-19, 2017 at UltraStar Multi-tainment Cent at Ak-Chin Circle. Our first-time festival event excited people!
We heard comments like – “This is the best film festival I’ve EVER been to.”
We’re proud and pleased that many filmmakers and the 4 screenwriters were on site to see their shorts films and hear their screenplays voiced for the first time.
And, we know you’ve been waiting to hear the winners’ names – so without any further suspense – HERE THEY ARE:
Category winners –
Best in Animation – Stuck in Time
Best Comedy – Belly Flop
Best Documentary – Mother Tongue
Best Drama – Driver’s Ed
Best Foreign Film – Proverbial Luck
Best Horror – Chateau Sauvignon: terroir
Best Sci-fi – West Side Swordy
Honorable Mention – Focus
A King’s Betrayal
Awarded Write Brothers’ Outline 4-D
Ak-Chin Indian Community award winners:
Student Showcase –
Winner – The Thunderbird Over the Whale
Wins an Ak-Chin Award plus Jungle Software’s Chimpanzee software
Screenplay Table Read –
Runner-up – Floating
Wins Write Brothers – Dramatica Pro screenwriting software
Winner – Kitsune Mask
Wins an Ak-Chin award plus Write Brothers’ Movie Magic Screenwriter screenplay software
Native American Film
Winner – Iroquois Creation Story
Wins an Ak-Chin award plus Jungle Software’s Chimpanzee film software
BEST OF THE FEST
An Ak-Chin Award, Jungle Software’s Gorilla Combo film scheduling and budgeting software, and complimentary consultation from Entertainment Attorney Stephen Wade Nebgen.
More announcements soon!
And, put Copa Shorts Film Fest on your calendar for next year – February 16-18th, 2018!
We’ll be accepting submissions for next year’s festival at filmfreeway.com starting in mid-May, 2017. Get your projects ready!!!
TO SEE WHAT THE SCHEDULE INCLUDED in 2017 – CLICK HERE FOR OUR PROGRAM
The talented filmmakers and screenwriters shown at the festival on February 17-19, 2017 at UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle in Maricopa, Arizona are in our program.
We chose films from the USA, Norway, Italy, China, France, Canada, Australia, Sweden, Spain, and even Papua New Guinea!
Click the icon above to see all of the great short films and screenplays that we could fit in two days!
Please consider donating to our film festival!
GO TO “Donate to Copa Shorts Film Fest” => on right.
It takes the support of many people to make a film festival run. And, what do you get for that generosity?
An opportunity to do good –
- Maybe give a troubled youth a productive new path
- Provide an inspired filmmaker a chance to be recognized and launch a career
- Give a forum for a fledging screenwriter to have his/her work seen and heard
- Draw a community together to develop…
- An Excellent Event
And a tax deduction because we’re a 501(c)(3) not-for -profit where your contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the IRS laws.
Please be generous! We need donations to provide the budget to allow us to continue our year round programming including workshops for community members and students.
Copa Shorts Film Fest, Inc. is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) organization.
Logo design by Taylor Lynn Slaughter
Website layout by Elliot Johnson