When Copa Shorts Film Fest happens in February, 2017 and before, we’ll need volunteers!
Prior to the festival, we’ll need film reviewers to see the films and help us select the best ones for showcasing in February. This is an easy volunteer gig!
About two hours each week starting in early June in the comfort of your home (as long as you have a computer you can download films to.) is the requirement for film reviewers. We’ll have a meeting or two in advance to discuss criteria for reviewing and how to use the online form to record your opinions. Reviewing will continue through early November after the last films are submitted.
We might ask you to join our film programming group that makes the decisions on which films are shown and in what order in the festival. Prerequisite: Film reviewing. We’ll take the films that have received the best ratings and ask the programmers to see them and make suggestions on when and what is showcased.
What’s required: 20-30 hours starting in November-December time frame. Work completed online with possible phone conferencing.
ONSITE HELP DURING FESTIVAL
If you would like to be a volunteer during the festival, please let us know what you’d like to do. Here are some ideas:
- February 17-19, 2017 Registration Desk
- VIPs Registration Desk
- Filmmaker Liaisons
- VIP Liaisons (Corporate/Donors/Press)
- Staff at VIP Lounge 13 (2 nd Floor- Must be 21+)
- Staff at StarClass 13 theatre (2 nd Floor-Must be 21+)
- Theater 1 greeter/I.D. checks
- Security Check Event Aide (each movie block, educational sessions, etc.)
- Panel Discussion Members Liaison (Post film blocks)
PRIOR TO EVENT – Stuff CSFF Swag Bags
Shelley Gillespie, Executive Director