Films will be accepted in the following categories:
ANIMATION – COMEDY – DOCUMENTARIES – DRAMA – FOREIGN – HORROR/SCI-FI
SHOWCASE SCREENINGS: NATIVE AMERICAN – STUDENT
EARLY BIRD: June 30, 2016 – $20 (Student – $10)
REGULAR: July 15, 2016 -$25 (Student – $10)
LATE: September 30, 2016 – $30 (Student – $10)
EXTENDED: October 28, 2016 – $40 (Student – $10)
- Please submit all short film(s) or screenplays to Filmfreeway.com. DVD copies will not be accepted.
- Films should be no shorter than 2 minutes or no longer than 20 minutes including credits.
- All foreign/non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
- Works-in- progress will not be considered.
- To be considered for competition, the film must have been completed AFTER January 1, 2015.
- “MATURE SUBJECT MATTER”: Must be noted on Film Freeway Project Details
- We do not accept films containing: Porn, Child Pornography
- No submissions will be accepted after the extended deadline.
- Entry does not guarantee screening at the festival.
- Entries that have been chosen for screening at Copa Shorts Film Fest 2017 will be notified. We will not automatically contact you if your film has not been selected for presentation.
- For Student entries, a photocopy of an official student ID or a letter from the school must be sent with the entry submission as proof of student status when the film was made.
- Film must not have been screened on the internet, You Tube, national broadcast, cable or satellite television.
- Films must not have a distribution agreement in place at the time of the festival or they will be ineligible for screening. If you receive distribution prior to screening, please contact us.
- The film may not be copyrighted by anyone other than yourself or you must have full written permission to submit and screen this film. The film must have clear copyright of all audio and images presented in the film. Not having clearance could be grounds for non-acceptance to the festival.
- Please ensure if you are submitting a film that contains copyrighted/trademarked material by anyone other than yourself, that you have obtained clearance for that material used. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant.
- NO fee waivers are available.
- Officially selected films will be notified on or before January 1, 2017.
- Digital Press Kits will be requested upon acceptance for screening at the festival.
All festival screenings will be presented in BluRay format using Barco/DLPprojection system HD digital projection.
- By submitting their work to the COPA SHORTS FILM FEST, submitter gives permission for the festival to screen the film to attending press, at festival parties, and at other festival-related events.
- Festival organizers reserve the right to show officially selected films in any film block and/or to show officially selected films in more than one film block.
- Entrant agrees to the use of their submission, in part or whole, for publicity, promotions and screenings on the CSFF website and in other media.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org