2021 AWARD WINNERS
WINNERS BY CATEGORY
Director – Geoff Allen
Director – Sebastian Feichtinger
Birth of a Salesman
Director – Dylan Coty
The World Next Door
Director – Viviana Garibay
Director – Steve Alleva
HIGH SCHOOL SCREENPLAY
Written by – Nathan Hunt
Written by Alison Zatta
Directed by Nikita Hattangady
BEST OF THE FEST
Directed by Rick Ross
Directed by Pat Battistini
Maricopa City Council Member
2021 COPA SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL
NOVEMBER 6-7, 2021
Grab your popcorn! We have films to share for our 5th Annual shorts festival. You’ll be glad you joined us…
Animation! Comedy! Sci Fi! Foreign, High School, College AND Screenplays – so much to see!
Plus, we have a Filmmaker Workshop starting at 10:00 AM on Saturday, November 6th to share:
Creating Comedy From The Ordinary
Pat Battistini, last year’s Audience Choice Award winner, will be discussing where we find humor in everyday life and how to expand it into creative writing and filmmaking. The workshop will explore how filmmakers can learn from examples of past comedies and create their own comedic moments within their writing.
We all need comedy – join us to learn how!
This Comedy workshop festival block will provide you with insights on how to find comic moments and incorporate comedy in a screenplay or film.
See xerb.tv to register and purchase your ticket now! Register before November 6th so you can start watching on Saturday November 6th without any delays.
STARTING AT 10:00 AM on Saturday, November 6th,
SEE THE MOVIES!! – ALL short – 2-20 minutes
FROM AROUND THE US AND THE WORLD!
Can’t wait to have you join us! Settle into your comfortable chair and get ready –
The whole festival (including the workshop) is one ticket – only $10.00
HOW CSFF VIRTUAL WORKS
- Connect with our streaming partner at xerb.tv or go directly to the Copa Shorts streaming channel: click-here
- Look over the film blocks. We have information to review for each film block. Love one particular film? – or you have a relative whose film is in the festival? If you want to see it again you can do that, but be sure you’re done with viewing by 11:59 pm on November 7th.
Only one ticket for $10.00 will take you to any and all parts of the festival. (You’ll have to wait a day to access “Best of the Fest.”)
- Each film block will have audience participation. Stick around to enter your comments in the drop down so a filmmaker can respond.
- Special surprise! See the “Best of the Fest” film block, which shows starting at noon on Sunday November 7th, to learn which of the films were rated best comedy. At the end of the showing, audience members will be able to vote for their favorite. The winner becomes the “Audience Choice” and receives an award.
- We’ll announce all of the award winners – except for Audience Choice after you’ve voted at the end of the “Best of the Fest.”
- See our streaming channel on xerb.tv – click-here
Help Make The Magic Happen!
Copa Shorts Film Fest is a (501(c)(3) Non-Profit with the vision to assist young filmmakers in realizing their dreams of becoming professional filmmakers. We provide workshops throughout the year in addition to showcasing young talent through the film festival. If you would like to join us in this vision, click the button below to submit your