2020 AWARD WINNERS
WINNERS BY CATEGORY:
HIGH SCHOOL –
MIDDLE SCHOOL –
MILITARY VETERAN –
NATIVE AMERICAN –
NEW FILMMAKER –
BEST OF THE FEST –
ARIZONA FILM –
DIRECTOR’S CHOICE –
AUDIENCE CHOICE – To be announced here on November 10th
2020 COPA SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL
Grab your popcorn! We have films to share for our 4th Annual shorts festival. You’ll be glad you joined us…
Animation! Drama! Documentary! Comedy! Sci Fi! Military Veteran, Native American, Foreign, Middle and High School, College …so much to see!
Plus, we have 3 Filmmaker Workshops starting at 10:00 AM on Saturday, November 7th to share:
Creating Comedy From The Ordinary
Pat Battistini, last year’s Audience Choice Award winner, will be discussing where we find humor in everyday life and how to expand it into creative writing and filmmaking. The workshop will explore how filmmakers can learn from examples of past comedies and create their own comedic moments within their writing.
We all need comedy – join us to learn how!
The Rules For Filming During COVID
Kevin R. Phipps, an experienced film director, knows how to film in many conditions – indoors, outdoors, day, night, low budget, high budget!
With COVID-19, the rules have changed! Find out how a film must be made and what it takes to make a film with cast and crew separated!
And Kevin also shares what it takes for …
Making a Low Budget Film
After you’ve asked family for funds and everyone else you can think of, you’re finally set to film your project.
What can you do with limited funds?
How do you make the money s t r e t c h?
Kevin will share some of his tricks and what it takes.
Join us for all three of these workshops in one festival block – only $5 for all three!
Less than a latte!
See xerb.tv to register starting October 1st.
STARTING AT 2:00 PM ON Saturday, November 7th,
SEE THE MOVIES!! – ALL short – 2-20 minutes
FROM AROUND THE US AND THE WORLD!
Can’t wait to have you join us! Settle into your comfortable chair and get ready –
Each film block is only $5 or enjoy the whole festival (including workshops) with an ALL-ACCESS PASS For only – $25.
HOW CSFF VIRTUAL WORKS
- Connect with our streaming partner at xerb.tv or go directly to the Copa Shorts streaming channel: click-here
- Look over the film blocks. We have information to review for each film block. Love one particular film? – or you have a relative whose film is in the festival? You can purchase any film block and see it over and over from November 7-9th. Just click on the gold “Register” button. Individual film block tickets are only $5 per ticket. OR –
- If you want to see everything, your best bet is an All-Access Pass, which gives you unlimited viewing of all of the film blocks and the workshops straight through Monday evening, Nov. 9th. Sign up for the All-Access Pass and you’ll receive 7 tickets and save $10!
- Each film block will have audience participation. Stick around to enter your comments so a filmmaker can respond.
- Special surprise! See the “Best of the Fest” film block to see which of the films were rated best for their genre. Plus some special awards. At the end of the showing, audience members will be able to vote for their favorite. The winner becomes the “Audience Choice” and receives an award.
- The films in Best of the Fest will be shown starting Sunday, 4 PM MST on the CSFF streaming channel: click-here
Help Make The Magic Happen!
Copa Shorts Film Fest is a (501(c)(3) Non-Profit with the vision to assist young filmmakers in realizing their dreams of becoming professional filmmakers. We provide workshops throughout the year in addition to showcasing young talent through the film festival. If you would like to join us in this vision, click the button below to submit your